Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

One more painting to add to the flavor of my blog...namely - "art" of my faith. This piece was done 6-18-2009. I'm starting to see a pattern here. It looks like I only paint in the summer.... go figure. Oh! It's because oil paint dries better in the heat LOL This piece was inspired by the techniques of Bob Ross, one of my most favorite artists.



Here's a rundown on my favorite artists - The who's who on who inspires me to pick up a paint brush:


My #1 Inspiration: My Gram'ma Belle - a beautiful lady with an amazing eye for painting, which she developed over many years. I grew up watching her paint, going to her studio, posing for paintings she did, dressing up in her clothes. Learning what amazing and wonderful things a person could do with paint and a little imagination. This is one of the paintings that my grandmother did before I was ever born. This piece measures a staggering 6ft long by 3ft high! It's beautiful. It's currently is hanging in the entryway in my house.



My #2 Inspiration: Vincent Van Gogh - a troubled young man, whom I can relate to in many many ways, troubled in the mind, wanted to do well, had good intentions and seemed to dive into things with an unimaginable drive! His bold use of color and harsh brush strokes showed that he was not afraid of what would come out on the canvas. He went at painting with passion! His artwork currently adorns the wall in my livingroom, along with numerous books that I display about him, his life and his art. How I love Vincent - he's my boy!

My #3 Inspiration: Bob Ross - a soft hearted, gentle spirited man with an amazing eye and easy use of the paint brush, all he was doing was looking for a gentler outlet - a time away from the harshness of his military lifestyle. Painting gave him peace. Each subject in his paintings have a personality all their own, happy little trees! He amazes me with the ease that painting came to him. A warm and talented soul. He makes me a very happy little tree indeed.

My #4 Inspiration: Claude Oscar Monet - a wealthy man in his time. He not only painted beautiful paintings, but he also tended to and maintained the gardens and subjects from which he painted. This was such a neat man. He patiently waited til the flowers bloomed and lilies blossomed so that he could paint them in all their glory and beauty. Each season had it's own surprises. My favorite painting of Monet's is the Japanese bridge at Giverny. Although I completely love all of his Waterlilies studies. There are many different paintings of the bridge at Giverny, but THIS bridge is by far one of my most favorite paintings of all time. His use of color is extraordinary. It is currently housed at the MFAH (Museum of Fine Arts Houston).




No comments:

Post a Comment