Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Monday, January 31, 2011

A fresh new way to my day

My days are usually chaotic. My mornings are a mess. What can I do? Nothing, but enlist the help of my God. In my Sunday school class yesterday, God really spoke some things to me. I have become a complacent mom, it really made me feel bad. Yes, God disciples and corrects those he loves. It was a convicting lesson. Maybe it wasn't so much the lesson, but the tangent of discussion that we usually deviate into. I love it. I learn so much just from the people around me. Prayer was a topic of discussion, also, are we being Jesus to those around us, namely our family. My short answer - no, no I'm not. I am not Jesus, and my goal and life that I lead, should be reflective of Him. My heart desires to be more like Him, my Savior.

I pray. Normally I just kinda do these small prayers throughout the day. I tend to just wake up, let my feet hit the floor, and get my day started. I have gotten away from a morning prayer time, that time of the day when I should get up and "give" my day to the Lord. This morning, in light of the SS lesson yesterday, I did that. This morning went so much better. I didnt raise my voice as much and I just did the hands-on approach to getting my kids ready for school. Instead of just expecting that they - brush teeth, comb hair, clean hands, etc.... I pray the Lord will strengthen and equip me to be the parent that He intends me to be.

Lord - thank you for your Revelation to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment