Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yea, he's definitely mine!

For My Ian:

Yea, that's my kid.
The one covered in markers?
Yea, that's my kid.
The one with paint on his shirt?
Yea, that's my kid.
The one who's is intently drawing?
Yea, that's my kid.
The one who's always making stuff?
Yea, that's my kid.
The one who wants to be an artist when he grows up?
Yea, he's definitely mine!

I love how your little hands are always covered in markers and paint. I love how your little fingers pick up just the right color of Superman blue and Superman red. How thoughtful you are to draw pictures just for me. I love how you dig in my craft drawers and steal my tape, scissors and paper. I love how you take all my crayons and create art - then break all the crayons in half...maybe they're easier for your tiny hands to hold that way. I love to watch you color and draw. Your hands intently working to display on paper what you see so clearly in your mind. You are a super talented child. You are so smart! I can't wait to see what you become.

I got to hold you and snuggle with you this morning, like I do every morning. I look forward to that each day. Getting to wake you up with snuggling and tickles and kisses. I love your little tiny body, I could just absorb you into my being and never let you go. You are my little firecracker! Such power and might embodied in a little human being. You are a truly amazing kid. I am proud to say "Yea, he's definitely mine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment