Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Birthday Abundant in Smiles

Yesterday I turned the awesome age of 37. All in all, it was a very good birthday. I was awakened with a backrub and a little "happy birthday" whispered to me. Followed by Mahoney dragging two kids out of their beds and offering to take them to school so I wouldn't have to get out in the cold. That was nice, because mornings are usually a little chaotic around here. Followed by a quiet morning at home...alone. I decided to scrapbook a little, so I did 1 page and posted and entered it into a drawing on Facebook. Had a little lunch and watch a touch of television. Then my mother called me to wish me a happy birthday. We got to talk for a little while, it made my afternoon! I got lots of birthday wishes on Facebook from many special friends! I am loved! =) Then it was time for me to get the nerds, brought them home, we dove straight into homework. Mahoney came in from the grovery store and hid all his bags of goodies.....kissed me a told me "goodbye!" It was time for me to leave to go to bible study with Beth Moore in Houston (which I ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ !). I had invited a friend (Jenn) to come along with me last night, so I stopped off and picked her up - we had a really good visit and chat along the way. Bible study was uh-mazing - as usual! Jenn bought me a book while we were there, it was a book I had looked at several times before - it's by Beth Moore and titled "feathers from my nest" - I was so excited to get it! I just love Beth. We jetted out of bible study as soon as it was over, and headed to the truck. We had a wonderful time discussing and reflecting on the bible study. Dropped her off at home and I headed home. As soon as I opened the garage door to the house - Mahoney and the boys were standing there singing Happy Birthday to me - it made me smile. They were so excited cause Mahoney had made me a cake and they were anxious to light all those candles. I got out my camera and headed to the kitched to be surprised by a huge chococate cake with all these candles poking out everywhere. Ian made me a birthday card and so did Rusty...... both Superman across the top! LOL Ian even put me a bunch of goodies in a gift bag (his toys) and he even wrapped my bubble gum (which I am not sure HOW he found that, I thought I had it hidden). Go figure. My 37th Birthday was abundant in smiles! It WAS A GOOD, no, IT WAS GREAT DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment