Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bracing for the cold!

We're all ready here in Baytown for God to show his amazing handiwork again - this time with some possible SNOW. The kids were released from school early today and they don't have to go to school tomorrow. The SNOW is supposed to begin sometime this evening and into tomorrow. I am excited. This is not something that we get very often here in Texas, so - yes, I am happy about it. I look forward to some family time, some chillin out, drinking hot chocolate or coffee and bundling up on the couch watching movies.

Today I made Hummus for the first time - it turned out really good. I liked it a lot. I ended up combining 2 recipes.

1 can garbanzo beans, liquid drained and reserved
2 tsp ground cumin
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp sesame oil
fresh ground salt

Mix in a blender or chopper, use some of the reserved liquid to add back to it as you blend it til you reach the desired consistency. Comes out like bean dip. I love the flavor the sesame oil adds to it.
Serve with crackers or pita chips, my hubby has suggested Fritos...... he's a guy =)




No comments:

Post a Comment