Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

He's so smitten!

The God of the universe, the Creator of all things is absolutely and completely smitten with me! Why me? Because God is love (1 John 4:16), love is one his many wonderful attributes. God is totally enthralled with my beauty. He seeks to woo me with romance and win my undying affection. We get so caught up in who we are "earthly" that we tend to forget or in some cases, don't ever realize what we mean to God. He loved us so much that he sent Jesus, his Son, to die our place (John 3:16). We will never have to succumb to a spiritual death, for Jesus has overcome death and hell. Jesus did that for us, so that we would have to face hell. Our bodies will die a physical death, but never a spiritual one, if you are in Christ. I love being in Christ!
If you are not in Christ, you will be in a place that constantly burns with fire, known as Sheol (place of the dead) or another name for it is Hades. You will die and physical as well as, a spiritual death.
I don't understand why it's so hard to understand the Gospel. It's so simple. I couldn't believe it took me as long as it did to finally "get it". After I was able to comprehend it all, I thought to myself "why is this so hard for others to believe".

God sent his one and only Son, Jesus, to the earth. Jesus stepped down from the right hand of God, and He became sin for us. He took on the sin of the entire world (you, me, our kids, your neighbor, your bff, everyone!) And he was crucified, our sins were nailed to the cross with Him. In Christ's resurrection, he overcame the grave! Walked on earth for 40 days and then He ascended to Heaven. We no longer have to be held hostage by sin. That doesn't mean that we won't sin ever again, it simply means that we are forgiven sinners. God loved us enough to put the plan of salvation in action.
Back in the Old Testament days - a person would repent by transferring their sin to an animal - the animal would then be sacrificed, meaning that person would be cleansed of sin. This is basically the same concept. Christ Jesus became the "sacrifice", ending the old testament ways of sacrificing animals. He became "the sacrifice" for all mankind. All we have to do now is turn to God and Jesus. Admitting to God that you are a sinner, believing Jesus is God's son and asking for forgiveness. It really is that simple. I am so gracious and thankful that God loved me enough, a lowly sinner, to want to save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment