Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Friday, December 10, 2010

A lesson learned from a Christmas song??

Well, this morning as I was driving home from dropping off my children at school, I was listening to the radio and of course Christmas music is blaring through my speakers - it was a song I really like, so I turned it up.

As I am listening, I hear:

I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gifts to brings, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give a King, pa rum pum pum pum
Shall I play for you???????
And as the song continues on,..... I played my drum for him, and I played my best for Him, then He smiled at me.....

This is speaking from the heart of a child (obviously, since it is titled The Little Drummer Boy).

No matter how little we have, or how insignificant we feel that we are, Jesus is so pleased when we give him our best, not our "what's left". Can you imagine the smile he has for you even when we are not giving our best, now think about that smile when we do offer our best. Offering our best, comes from the heart.
Use the "God-given" talents you have and return those to the Lord by blessing Him, and those around you.

Always give the best of yourself to the Lord, for He gave His Son to all of us - the ultimate gift.

God Bless you a childlike faith & a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

by Heather Martz Dillon
Dec 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment