Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A compliment to make my heart smile


A truly sweet friend of mine told me the sweetest thing today - "I definitely feel a kinship with you because you are abandoned toward God. It's beautiful!"
Normally thinking of the "known" definition of abandoned, we think of forsaken or deserted. I never really concerned myself with what it means in a positive manner. It's really quite amazing, it shed a new light on my thoughts of abandon. It means unrestrained or uncontrolled, uninhibited. I am uncontrolled, unrestrained and uninhibited toward God. It was one of the most unique and creatively wonderful compliments I've ever received.

I'm so glad that my awe and love for God shows. I hope that I don't disappoint those who view me in this way. I am a human being and I have uncontrolled feelings, emotions, desires and sin. But no matter how many times I err in my ways - God is still the same, He still forgives and He still loves me.

Thank you Lord for your abandoned love....for Me.
Thank you "you know who" for your friendship and sisterhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment