Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Worship to Wrath


It was a glorious Sunday night this past Sunday.  Church went very very well.  I enjoyed the day so much even though "busy" was on the menu for the day.
That evening we went back to church for a concert by the California Baptist University Choir.  These folks were amazing!!!  A bunch of well presented and kind people.  The very very first song they did was Holy, Holy, Holy..... It was lovely!!!  Like angels singing praises to The Lord above!
My evening of enjoyment and praise came to a screeching halt 3 Holies into this glorious song.  I have a son who likes to sing along with the praise/worship music on a typical Sunday.  To my dismay I heard a nasty Shhhhhhhh! and then caught the eyes being rolled at my child!!!  Let me just say she was shot a look from me that not many have ever seen.  She is way old enough to know better than to do that, especially to a child who is sitting right next to his mother (ME!).  I was hot.  Not I wasn't hot, I was livid!  In the middle of the beautiful voices that surrounded me, I sat, fuming.  I wanted nothing more than to punch her darn lights out and let her know she had no place.
This wasn't a situation that I "read too much into", it was taken exactly the way I took it.  Here's why I know, because last night at church, she barely glanced at me and quickly turned away, she would not make eye contact with me.  And she has a habit of sitting with a look of disdain on her face every time my son is near her..... Because I notice it. Every.time.  It's so sad that we as Christians kill our own wounded brothers and sisters.  Where is the love and acceptance?  Church is the last place I expect to treated with ignorance and hatred.  
I am so sick of folks NOT being nice to each other.  Even last night, I caught another young man being mean to my other child, not by hearing it 2nd hand, but by hearing it myself.  Something is amiss when we don't teach our children to love others and to NOT be mean.  Disciple and love begins at home.  So, God help me instill Christlike qualities in my children as well as in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment