Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day Ahhhh!

As much as I started out loathing this darn day, it's actually been a nice day.  I have a husband who selflessly tries to put in smile on my heart.  He just wants me to be happy and know that I am appreciated.  The boys... I don't know.  Anyway, a few nice/fun gifts (Sharpies, Flash Gordon tee and an OrGreenic non-stick pan), cards and puppy prints in one of them from my very own pooch.  Church was emotional but very good.  Family treated me to lunch at Ichibon Hibachi in Kemah - which we all love.  Home to relax and chill out. 

I decided NOT to hate Mothers Day, but to embrace it and celebrate the woman I call "my mom."

For my mom:

My words won't reach your ears, they won't traverse the distance to heaven for you to hear them.  There's no point in wishing you a happy Mother's Day.... Instead of celebrating "mothers day" - I celebrate your life.  You live on through me and Sam and through our kids.  I am honored to have had you for my mom for 14,184 days!  You made me a strong-headed, strong-minded person with the ability to stand up for myself! 
I love you and thank God for our time together, but still I miss you all the time.

It's been a better day than I expected, because God is good and he brings peace and grace to those who are broken hearted and crushed in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment