Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Harry the turtle




This morning I popped my eyes open and on a whim made the decision that we needed to go to the beach. So, we packed and we left. It was a nice day. We got there about 9:15. It was cool and windy and I was beginning this think that maybe it wasnt such a good idea to go to the beach and just freeze. But it got a little warmer and then a little warmer. The sky was clear and the waves were crazy. The sound of the crashing waves was so wonderful. One of my favorite sounds - listening to the oceanwaves come rushing hurriedly towards the beach and crashing onto the shore. It's a most beautiful sound, right next to the sound of laughter coming from my children. Midgee and Rustle made a turtle out of the sand and Ian thought it best that the turtle be covered in seaweed - he looked like a hairy turtle (aka Harry the turtle). The morning went pretty well. There wasnt hardly anyone on the beach when we got there. It was GREAT! By the time we left it still wasnt too bad... families with little guys/gals. I enjoyed the day a lot.

My Midgee made the "demand" that we go to mitcher goff (aka miniature golf). We were going anyway. We stopped off at Sonic and grabbed some grub and headed off to "mitcher goff". Jerbie got ahold of my grape slush and decided he really liked it. I started out well and then, well, I started sucking! So I just gave up about the 14th hole. I really didnt want to play anyway. Anywho, we wrapped up the game and headed home. Got home and started cleaning up. The boys discovered that the yard sprinkler was hooked up in the backyard and that it was playtime again. So they played while we got the "stuff" put up. Showers/baths done. Relaxing now and watching Ghostbusters =) Always a favorite for movie night.


Last night we took the boys out to dinner at Outback, cause my Midgee needs his cheese fries. Then we took them to see Rio. Very cute movie. I rate it 5 stars for family friendliness. I really enjoyed it, way more than I thought I would. Looking forward to buying it comes out.

I am super excited to report that I have made the decision to start school on July 13th. On my way!! It has moved my graduation date up and I am super happy about that too. I have a goal with a date attached to it. I haven't been to school in so long, it'll be like a kid beginning kindergarten. Nervous but very excited.




Thank you Lord, for the day and the family you have blessed me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment