Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Aspergers anyone?

We officially have a diagnosis now.... Aspergers Syndrome, which falls under the umbrella of Autism. As least now we know what we are dealing with. He has a high-functioning form of Aspergers. He can't relate too well socially, he has trouble with repetition and obsessiveness. He gets stuck on one thing and can't get it out of his head, until he's ready. He is beginning to realize, and it makes me so brokenhearted for him, that he doesn't have any friends. I wish things were easier for him. I am just now beginning to take the steps to see what kind of help I can get for him. Right now I just feel like someone took my lego starship apart, put all the pieces in a box and violently shook them all up! I've been able to put a few pieces together, that's a start. Praying for God's guidance with all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment