Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ministry is exhaustively rewarding

Ministry can be so challenging, exhausting and totally deplete your spiritual tank.

World changer? Hope for the hopeless?  

I am certainly not equipped to save the world or change the world, only God can do that, but I can be a vessel that He uses to reach others.  Through God we find the hope we seek, in turn, we should model that same hope for others, showing them what living, breathing hope looks like.  

Ministry can be emotionally tiring and wearing on the soul.  You KNOW that you can not and will not always able help ease hurts, take away pain, help pay a light bill, provide diapers or help financially.  You can't make others see or understand who God is especially if they don't know The Lord AND they're currently sitting in a pit of despair without their basic needs being met. This is tough stuff..... BUT GOD is able!

God can do ALL things.  Because God CAN do all things, doesn't mean those needing help are supposed to sit on their laurels and not do anything.  There is scripture after scripture on laziness and foolishness speckled throughout Proverbs. There is also verse after verse about us Christians and how we are supposed to be loving others.   This is the point where discernment and the Holy Spirits guiding are a huge deal!
 
I desire to help others come to the realization of the hope they can have.   I can’t rely on myself for that, because at times I lose hope too.  The hope I have only comes from God through Christ.  

I can't offer financial support for those who need it, unless I am financially okay. If I have money I can give, if I don't, then I can't. If I can help I would be glad to.  Prayers or some of my time are mostly what I can offer up.

I seem to keep attracting people who need "help", those who are struggling, ladies who need to be loved on, ladies who need emotional and spiritual support and maturity.  They need someone they can lean on.  I can't figure out why they are coming to me.   I have always prayed that God would use me in whatever way He sees fit and I'm willing to serve in whatever capacity He has in mind for me.  What is Gods purpose here?  Why do they keep coming my way or does He keep sending them my way?  I assume The Lord is trying to show me something or teach me a lesson.  Maybe it's to make me venture out there to see what resources I can find to help these people who keep crossing my path.  I guess I should start there.



I understand that as a church, our job is help people and love on people right where they are and I try to do that as much as possible.  I find that at times I also become very leery of those that I feel may take advantage of the church, any church. I've seen it so many times where people only darken the doors of a church and become "involved" just to get what they need, then they're gone in a flash.  I cannot be a selective Christian, one who picks and chooses who we help, via church or my own personal resources. That's not fair or right on my part.   My Jesus didn't pick and choose who he helped in his earthly ministry; he helped and loved everyone right where they were.  
I shall be like Jesus and follow in his footsteps.

The exciting part of ministry is when you see a woman, a broken forlorn woman who makes the choice to break through chains, knock down some walls, conquer fears, defeat obstacles, lift up her face, and fall head over heels in love with God all over again.  I love how exhaustively rewarding women's ministry can be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment