Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mad Life-Skills

Intentionally, I think we want to live a better life.  I believe we are responsible for choosing the path we'll follow.  But herein lies the problem - We complain about how others live, yet we live the same way they do, even we think we don't!   I'm sure we all want to do better and live the best life we can.  We spend too much time comparing our lives to the lives of others.  

"Oh I won't eat that, it's junkfood!"  "I would never do that."  "I can't believe you don't eat organic food!"  "Wow, that plate looks like a heart attack just waiting to happen."  "I could never feed my kid chicken nuggets, gross."  "Juice, no way, it's full of sugar!"  "There's no red 40 or MSG in our diets, that's toxic stuff."  Blardy, blar blah!  ...  And the list goes on and on.  I think we try to justify our supposed 'better' lifestyle by comparing our lives to the lives of others whom we think are totally doing it wrong.  "Well at least I'm not doing dot dot dot ..." (Fill in the blank). 

Have you ever noticed moms who sit around and compare the bestness of their children?  Comparing their mad momma skills and it all comes off like it's a competition to see who is doing it 'best'.  Being a mom/dad/parent is tough work, I don't care who you are!  It's hard to rear children.  I say you are doing the best you can, and you're doing awesome!  Just keep marching to beat of your parenting drum and get your roll on!

Live your life your way, stop the comparison.  You are responsible for the happiness and the bestness of your life.  Who cares if you don't eat organic, whole foods, who cares if your entire diet consists of fried foods, or refined sugar and chocolate or caffeine.  The choice is yours. I'm not saying it's healthy by any means, not for you or me or our children or anyone else for that matter.  I'm simply saying to LOVE the life you live, because you'll only find yourself miserable and feeling worthless by comparing your life to everyone else's.

Too many people use their 'better' lifestyle to launch themselves into a cesspool of snobbiness.... Because this makes them better than you, at life!   It's makes me not want to be around someone with that kind of toxic personality.  I can't stand that.

Here's a toast to living a mad crazy awesome life, because this is YOUR LIFE TO LOVE, YOUR LIFE TO LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment