Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fabulously 40!


So, last month I turned the big 4-0!  I decided that instead of being bummed about hitting this huge milestone, I figured I would embrace it and be glad to have been blessed with the 40 years I've been given so far.  There are many many people who will never make it to 40.  I am so grateful God had allowed me to make it thus far.

My day started out with a ladies breakfast at my home church, beautifully decorated tables, a lovely speaker, and nice breakfast prepared by the hands of a bunch of baptist men.  I decorated two tables, one was an Over the Hiill birthday theme (because the breakfast was on Feb 8th, which was my birthday), the 2nd one was Star Wars themed (it was very poplular!).  It was a nice morning/afternoon.


When I arrived home to my family, I was greeted by some decorations and a Dairy Queen Oreo  ice cream cake - it was goooooo-ood!  I received a few gifts.  I got a larger Orgreenic pan - mostly for panclarks.  
Had a restful afternoon.  Hubby had some plans for us for later on but I didn't know what we were doing except that we had to leave by a certain time and that he had a quick errand to run on the sly.  We left at the specified time and headed in an Iguana Joe's type direction.  I knew when we turn off our street and went left, that was where we were going.  Yes!  I figured he'd have invited my brother and family, simple dinner.  Nope!  He got the party room and invited my bro and family, my BFF and her family and his BFF and his family - all the people I cared about being there were in that room!   We got there first and the rest trickled in.  I was excited to see everyone.  He did a great job!  I was so blessed to be surrounded by my loved ones and that was really all that mattered.  A very enjoyable time!  And we had our favorite server, Ms. Ruby who is 1/2 my age and doesn't believe that I was turning 40.    
I was missing my sweet momma up in heaven though, it was weird to be celebrating this 40 without her here.  Missed my daddy too, way up in Minnesota and who knows when I'll get the chance to see him again.  Missed my dad and mom in Louisiana too.  Wished they could have ALL been there.  All in all, it was a GREAT Birthday!  Hubby made is more special than he realizes, it was EXACTLY what I wanted.

Happy 40th Birthday to ME! 








No comments:

Post a Comment