Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Enamored with Enamel and other things that peel

Ok, I am absolutely enamored with enamel!!  I love nail polish!  There are so many colors, textures, glitters in fine, medium and jumbo glitter shapes, there are glazes, crackle finishes, matte colors, glossy enamels, pearlized, iridescent, holographic, metallic.... I can go on, but I'll spare you the torture.  My point is that I love nail color!... and toenail color!  (especially glittered!)
In conjunction with the nail polish obsession, I have a really bad habit of nail biting, which I quit doing that a long time ago, but I had to replace it with something else.  Its the act of keeping my hands busy.  Besides, I've learned just how gross nail biting is.  Totally grossed out by watching my sons chew on their toenails of all things!  I mean seriously, how limber are these boys to actually be able to do that.  (who knows, I probably chewed on mine when I could actually get my foot that close to my mouth).
Anyways....

My bad habit of nail biting totally became nail polish peeling.  Yes, totally on purpose.  I'm pretty sure there is a name for it but I cant remember it and Google has no clue what I'm talking about.  I am usually walking around with half my nails painted and the other half peeled/picked off.  I love the glitter ones because they are the easiest to get off!!  This doesn't stop with nail polish, I also peel the coating off of Styrofoam plates and or bowls and I still like to resort back to 2nd grade at times and cover my arms with Elmer's school glue, waiting for just the right time to peel it off only realizing I jumped the gun again and begun to peel it too soon. Good grief, can't this crap dry any faster and why does it have to pull my hair so bad!!  Don't even get me started on satin finish or semi-gloss paint left in a paint tray!  
If I have left a trail of glitter at your house, your business or in front of the pew I sit in at church, please accept my apologies.

She always leave a trail of glitter everywhere she goes (me!) ......

No comments:

Post a Comment