Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Get your act together

I was at a ladies retreat Nov 1-2 and then again Nov 8-10.  At the first retreat I went with a group of ladies, whom I've been going with each year, this is my 4th year in a row to go with them.  It was themed - The Frazzled Female and how to rely on God to give you the rest you need, how to manage your time so you're less frazzled and not to overload your plate because you can't be everywhere, all the time.  Some things are just not as important as we think they are.  Skits, music, games, fellowship and food, all followed up by our main guest speaker for the retreat.  It was a nice time to relax and just retreat without being responsible for the retreat itself (like I will be the next retreat).  Too bad I got all ticked off during this retreat due to the childish antics of a more mature woman...or shall I say very immature Christian woman.... grrrrr.

So then the following week, I gathered, packed, searched for, stuffed and studied, as I went through the women's ministry closet to get things together for our retreat for my home church.  Our theme was First Love, based on Psalm 51:10-12 - restoring the joy of our salvation and the hope we had in our hearts when we first came to know Jesus.  I so wanted to be prepared for this retreat and for it make a huge impact, not for me, but I truly wanted God to move among our ladies.  I desired His presence to be felt by everyone there.  I was so excited to see what He was going to do, breaking chains, freeing the captives, setting the ladies free, no more bondage.  As a part of the women's ministry, I have a responsibility to God to live by scripture and to minister to the ladies he sets before me - as I have been called to 'women's ministry'.  The retreat was waaaaay better than my expectations, because even my best can't outdo God!  God showed up, that was my prayer!

Here we are 7 weeks away from those 2 retreats.  I am at a loss.  I would like to chalk it up to being November/December busyness.  But I am not sure what I feel anymore.  I still have the same desire to see these ladies fall prostrate before God and love him in the fullness of who He is.  No matter what 'I' do, I can't make them love God more than they do.  Opportunities can be offered to these ladies, but that doesn't mean they're going to open the door.  I think folks (men & women) are just at a point where they are comfortable.  They don't want to be moved.  They don't want to be challenged.  They aren't motivated to participate in anything.  They aren't open to change.  Their walk doesn't matter much to them anymore.  They're complacent.

At this point I am asking myself these same questions above....  that's scary.  I am not judging them, it's just as if God has revealed this to me as a heart issue - with ME.  I am merely comparing what I think/see/feel with other ladies.  What does this mean?  

God doesn't like lukewarm.


No comments:

Post a Comment