Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Monday, December 31, 2012

A huge gaping hole!

It's been many many years, probably since I was 12 years old that I've had this same sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, as indescribable sickness, a dreary heaviness and a longing.  It's an overwhelming feeling of being homesick - longing for one more chance or opportunity to see my mom, one more time to go home, one more time to be in a place where I am comfortable being, a place that I always know is "home" - a place where I am familiar with everything, the smells, the sights, the sounds, the feelings, the warm familiarity.  I've had this same deep seeded emotional pain when I was 12 and living in Colorado with my dad.  I ached so badly in my heart, I just wanted to be at home where my mom was, I missed her terribly.  Tonight I feel that same ache from missing her, just like I did then, when I was 12.  I was raised by my mother and was used to being with her all the time.  My dad did his darned to provide a home where I would be happy and thrive, it was just never really "home" for my heart.  Now here I am, my mom passed away 21 days ago, and I have this same nagging gut wrenching feeling of home sickness plaguing me - a sickness to the core.  I have missed my mom every single day since she's left.  Good Lord, I hope to learn a very valuable lesson from this, never take life for granted for it can all change in just a moment.

I feel like I've had a huge gaping hole punched through my heart.  
I feel so 
... hollow 
...... and 
.........empty
.......... inside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment