Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Triumph thru trial

We usually don't understand why God has us in a certain place or a certain way at any given time. If you are a person of faith, we just know that God has us there for a "reason".... or that things happen for a "reason". Don't you hate that answer - I know I do. I want to know the "reason"! I like to ask Him "why?" - not that He has to answer me and I probably wouldn't understand the big picture if He showed it to me. But coming through that struggle, and seeing the things God sees in me and my ways of doing things, it truly makes you see things with a little different perspective. I have found out recently that my thoughts towards different things has changed quite a bit since I started seeing negative things in me..... the bottom line, I like, make that LOVE to shop, especially when things are on "sale" or "clearance". I don't consider myself a shop-o-holic, but I do like to shop. It's not that I "needed" anything. My "wants" overtook me and because I wanted it - I bought it. For several months there, we were very broke, I mean "broke". I couldn't go out and shop or even buy grocery items that we needed. But we managed and God provided for our "needs". He always seems to do that. During all this time of being broke, God had been revealing things to me. Contentment, a friendship with Him, my needs and wants, and what was most important. It's not important that I have a bunch of "stuff" - because I don't care about that (I don't like clutter!). I am actually going through my things to get rid of the "stuff" that I don't want/need. It may bless someone else. I have learned to start controlling myself, one of those nasty little fruit of the spirit that we love so very much - "self-control".

Learning through a tough time....to be grateful for what I have, because God is blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment