Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Gettin my learn on =)

Learning a lot of new and interesting things this year so far and it's only day 6 of 2012!  Learning some new things about me, especially with the conversations I have with myself, you should totally hear those!  Educating myself more with my bible, getting more education at school (cause that's where I'm supposed to be "educated" at, right?).  I have started doing my bible-in-a-year reading again, learning some rockin stuff through that and reading through scripture, learning some of the things that I have been taught were not accurately presented - (this is why God gave us the ability to read and study for ourselves).  They are common misconceptions or "assumptions" rather that we just don't pay much attention to, or maybe no one really cares either way.  I do.  I'd like to know what God's word says for myself.  So here's what I've learned thus far.  
As far as I've ever learned Adam was the only living thing formed from the ground - not true.  It's been suggested that all the animals of the ground, birds of the air and fish of sea, were spoken into existence.  This is not so.  According to Gen 1:24 and 2:19, God created all birds and animals from the dust of the ground as well.  Kewl huh!  Also I learnt that God created plants long before he allowed them to grow.  He didn't allow them to grow because there was no one to work the land to take care of them.  So, I guess one of Adam's first jobs was a gardener :)  Working the land.  God gave them the plants for food, just plants - vegetarians Gen 1-8.  Then, kablam! there was a flood that wiped out everything on the face of the earth ...... after the flood, God gave Noah and his family, not only plants for food, but also animals and fowl.  Pretty neat stuff.  I like learning new things for myself.  Keep learning, keep growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment