Welcome to my blog, it's my life, these are my thoughts. Sometimes they're cheerful and happy, sometimes they're a big pile of bantha fodder.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Ok, so as of my last post: We've been preparing for Christmas with our families and wrapping up things at church, and getting school & tests out of the way for the end of the 6 weeks. Now the boys are out of school for, let me see......ummm 14 MORE days - which means that I get to sleep in - that will be a real treat for me. Even on the weekends I tend to wake up at 6:am! Anywho - a break is nice.

This past Friday night, I had invited my friends and their children over here for some Christmas activities. We had a good time (the noise level was a little high)... 6 children ages 3-7.... we colored some Christmas pages and ate snacks, did a Christmas story called "What God Wants For Christmas" (interactive story for the children, they loved it). Then we got our hands a little dirty with paint (my fav!) we each painted 6in wooden snowflakes, that now adorn our Christmas tree, then we watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (cartoon version).

During the middle of all the chaos and confusion - each child wanted to "perform" (sing a sing, quote a bible verse, whatever came to them) - well my #1 child, my oldest, stands up when it was his turn and decided to announce that he has asked Jesus in his heart (i was floored!) He had not said anything to me about it - then all the sudden just blurted it out. Not exactly sure yet about his decision, I've never led a child to Christ before. Although he does not understand the concept of sin...yet. Is that something that comes with time? He says that he loves Jesus and the that Jesus loves him and that Jesus lives in his heart. He seemed to be sure of what he said. Who am I to say that he's wrong.
Of course we didnt discuss it until we were on our way to Louisiana the next day - I was so shocked (but thrilled!). Rusty didnt hear about it until the next day too, while we were driving to my dads. He got very emotional!! It was a wonderful feeling to know that not only do I have my son here on earth, but I'll also get to spend eternity in Heaven with him too - this certainly makes for the second best Christmas gift ever, Jesus being the #1!! Praise you Most High God!

No comments:

Post a Comment